I held his had as he took his final breaths, I watched as his breathing eased. He was no longer gasping for air. He felt at peace. He knew everyone was there with him, and I knew exactly how that felt.

Though his hands were cold and lay motionless on the bed, there was life. There was always hope. His heart beating till its last. And he let out a tear.

A simple tear which meant so much to me, to us. It bore so many words, so many emotions, so many wishes, that I just dont know how to describe it.

It was a simple hello,
a "how are you?",
a "nice to see you",
a "thank you",
a "goodbye".

But most of all it was an "I LOVE YOU AND I CARE FOR YOU NO MATTER WHAT HAPPENS." That was what touched my heart and I know he heard me. I know he heard my words.

I know you'll never be able to read this but I just wanna say thank you for everything you've done for me, thank you for being the best grandfather, thank you for being a teacher, thank you for showing me the way, and most of all thank God for you. I love you.

Popular posts from this blog