The tears from her eyes, they dried up.
The melodies she heard, they faded away.
The words she spoke, suddenly silent.
The thoughts in her mind, they vanished.

With each passing day, weakness felled her.
Her hands trembled as she held the cup to her lips.
Numbness gripped her feet as she dragged them across the cold floor.
Each step bringing her closer, to something she knew was before her.

Was this the way it should end?
Roll the clock back twice, I saw her for the last time.
Weak as she was, she conjoured a feeble chuckle.
Her senses, alert as they were before.

I wished I had known her more deeply.
I wished I had the chance to understand her.
I wished I had the chance to make her smile.
I...

Anguish, no, not anguish.
Regret, a tinge.
Helplessness, like a raging fire.
There weren't regrets nor anguish.

You were made for heaven, dear one.
You were the pillar of strength for others.
You gave your heart for the ones you loved.
Right till this very day.

All I can say now, is that I love you.
Not because I was forced to, but because you were a gift from God.
The lessons you taught, the love you showed.
I'll see you soon dear one, in heaven...


Where we all belong.


- A tribute to my grandma.

Popular posts from this blog