Playing with light.

As much as I would hate to admit it, photography has taken on a whole new perspective. No thanks to a my "ever so helpful" photography lecturer.

First of all, he definately does not have the qualities of a good teacher, well actually, i doubt he even qualifies a a teacher. He does not have any teaching ability whatsoever. His lectures are ever so boring and I suppose 90% of the cohort walks into lectures with a constantly degrading impression of that bald man.

Which lecturer on earth says,"Don't know the answer? Nevermind, supp papers for you."

Like WHAT THE FUCK? We go to school to learn from teachers who are dedicated to TEACHING, not cursing students.

Oh and by the way, it seems that it is a crime to ask him questions that he deems "stupid". Clarification questions like "Which is the correct board to use to mount our photographs?" are met with retorts such as "Thats your problem. I explained in class already. Don't know, go and ask your classmates."

Well, Mr. Smart Ass with a shiny bald head, who the fuck would know what board to use if you just flash the sample photo but don't show us what its mounted on? You call it a foam board, but in case you didnt know, there are like 2137124591594 types of foam boards around.

And so, I was handing up my photograph today with Sarah before journalism lecture and I was just watching what he would say to each student who handed up their assignment to him. In typical fashion, he critisises the way every student pastes their admin details on the back of the FOAM BOARD, and then goes on to complain about the FOAM BOARD.

So, Sarah went to hand her's up. He didn't say anything about hers probably because she's pretty. Superifcial asshole. Oh if you didnt know, rumour has it that he's a pervert. Oh yes, a pervert. Wait a minute, maybe it isnt exactly a rumour, FACT seems a more suitable term.

I handed in mine after Sarah and he started scrutinising the contents of the folder i handed up to him. Lo and behold, he questioned me about my FOAM BOARD.

Excuse me sir? The foam board I mounted my photograph on was the same board Sarah mounted hers on, and you didn't say a fucking word. And so I told him so, and all he did was give the "Shut-up-and-go-away" look. So I signed on the register, turned behind, mumbled a few lines of profanities, then, smiled to myself. What a snob.

By the way, this is only part 1 of the story.

Alright, so, unfortunately, after journalism, there was Photog tutorial. Like he always does, he rants and rants about aperture, shutter speed blah blah blah. He only stops to scold. Ah, showing us how the camera works, the Nikon SLR by the way, he will fiddle with the darn thing, then expect us to know what he's doing.

Ok, picture this. An old, balding man holding an SLR camera, looking through the viewfinder, facing the whiteboard, back turned to the class.

"Ok, you see the flashing light in the front of the camera? Its focusing the lens."

Then, he opens up the camera.

"You see the 5 red LED lights? They blah blah blah blah blah...."

Me thinking to myself, "Ya we can bloody see what you're talking about when you just stick your stupid face right into the camera."

Now, he was just going on and on, till he spotted something going on between Jules and Munah and he kinda got mad and went,"Get out of my class!" Obviously, Jules and Munah didnt leave the classroom. I couldnt see what had happened so I just forgot about in and tried my best to pay attention to whatever was coming out of him.

Not too long after that, I looked at my hand then turned to Keith and he scolded the both of us for disrupting the class. Erm, by any chance would looking at a friend be considered disrupting the class?

Fact is, I had spots of glitter on my hand, and I merely asked Keith if his hands had the glitter on in too.

And so, he wanted to see Jules, Munah, Keith and I after class. I expected it to be really lame and stupid but I stayed back nevertheless. He spoke to me and Keith first.

Him: "You guys are not bad students, but I think you need to be a bit more disciplined and pay attention in class."

Me: "All I did was look at my palm cos there was glitter on it."

Him: "But I still want you to pay attention in class. Learn something. If you dont have discipline then next time I have to refer you to the course manager then call your parents and all that. Its not nice."

That just further made me think he really has nothing up there.

Whats more, after Jules and Munah got out of the room, I found out that he thought that Jules was kissing Munah's hand in class, when Jules was just holding Munah's hand up to look at her ring.

SPEECHLESS.

Immortal of stupidity. What more can I say?

Some things just cant be taught. Intelligence is one of em things, sadly. Hah.

Oh and just some thing else, I bumped into him at Guitar Workshop last friday while I was out guitar hunting. He was holding onto a pretty nice Fender guitar with him, looks like it cost about a grand plus. I asked him if the guitar was his and he said, "Ya. I'm learning how to play the guitar."

He certainly has the cash, but he really lacks in many other ways, from how I see it. Pun intended.


out.

Popular posts from this blog